Anyhow, my 7 day detox was not a bed of roses. The program required me to stay away from regular cooked food except fresh foods (fruits and vegetables), freshly squeezed juices, with the exception of steamed potatoes, vegetables and homemade yogurt. There were also some health supplements that I was required to take during the 7 days, which I won’t go into much details. But it was a good decision made after that 7 days. Believe it or not, my eczema was gone! It sounded like a miracle or a sales pitch you heard on the TV or health product brochure but it’s was true.
After the detox, I felt better, more energized, no more fatigue or frequent sleepiness and I look more refreshed and rejuvenated. Since, I would do a detox on a yearly basis.
So ‘why do we need a detox’, you may ask.
Just like a house spring-cleaning much needed every year, the human body needs to be cleaned, too. Especially if you have a diet that includes hydrogenated fats and oils, refined white sugar and white flour, diet food products, or exposure to lots of chemicals from processed foods.
To make it easier, here is a checklist of symptoms that may indicate that a “body cleaning” is needed:
* Do you experience fatigue or low energy levels?
* Do you experience brain fog, lack of concentration and /or poor memory?
* Do you crave or eat sugar?
* Do you have less than two bowel movements per day?
* Do you feel sleepy after meals, bloated or gassy?
* Do you experience indigestion/acid reflux after eating?
* Are you overweight?
* Do you exercise at least every other day?
* Do you experience recurring yeast infections, jock itch, or foot fungus?
* Do you have arthritic aches and pains or stiffness?
* Do you take prescription medications, sedatives or stimulants?
* Do you experience frequent headaches?
* Do you live with or near polluted air, water or other environmental pollution?
* Do you have bad breath or excessive body odor?
* Do you experience depression or mood swings?
* Do you have food allergies or skin problems?
* Are you showing signs of premature aging?
* Do you eat fast food, fatty foods, pre-prepared foods or fried foods more than three times a week?
* Do you drink processed coffees and colas during the day?
* Do you smoke cigarettes every day?
If you answered YES to three or more of the above questions, it may be
time for that detoxification program you’ve been putting off. Looks like it’s time to look into a house ‘spring-cleaning’!.