You will be surprised that many of the natural health remedies in this world are free. A gentle hug, smile or a kiss are forms of connection, bonding between the parent and the child. A loving nurturing touch of massage on the feet, arms, hands, back, abdomen and legs is therapeutic for both the child and parent, usually the mother. Babies at six weeks of age can recognize their mother’s scent, hence making them extremely sensitive to any kind of fragrance, pleasant or unpleasant.
Natural and pure essential oils used during the upbringing of your child supports your little one’s health, happiness and well being. You may have read this in many natural health remedy shops. Essential oils have distinct composition determining the fragrance, colour, and effect on our body. Before you introduce your child to the aromatic world of fragrances, seek advice from your GP or qualified aroma therapist. If possible, carry out detailed research your self on the oil you plan to use on your infant or child. These days, you can find many little giftings scented with essential oil. I was in the gift shop buying wind spinners and there were so many nice things with essential oil scented on them.
Listed below are few commonly used essential oils that are used for kids.
– Lavender oil is excellent home remedy for headaches, earaches and even insect bites.
– Geranium and rose oils act as a good skin softener, toner and natural astringent.
– Chamomile and peppermint oils prevent hair loss.
– Lavender, lemon and curry leaf oils provide relief from dandruff.
– For any bruises and burns, use tea tree and lavender oils.
– Black pepper oil is good for constipation.
– Cedar wood, eucalyptus and tea tree oils alleviate coughs.
– Ginger, lavender and thyme oil works wonders on sore throats.
– Lavender and roman chamomile oil blend allows for restful sleep at night.
– Lemon and grapefruit oils added to a tub of warm water for a bath refreshes the kid.
A word of caution for any parents planning on using aromatherapy oils on their children. Please exercise caution while using essential oils or any natural health remedies. Its best to stick to mild oils and less is best.